Admission is based on the following criteria:
- Students achieving a minimum of at least six GCSEs (grade 9-4) of which at least four are at a grade 6 or equivalent.
- Students achieving a minimum of grade 6 or equivalent in the subjects they wish to study.
- Students achieving a minimum of a grade 5 in English Language and Mathematics, however, typically we would expect students following essay based subjects to gain at least a grade 6 in English Language and students following scientific courses to gain at least a grade 7 in Mathematics.
- The school shall determine which 6/B grades are required when A level subjects requested have not been taken at GCSE Level
- Priority will be given to existing pupils transferring from Year 11 who meet the entrance criteria.